Thursday, March 31, 2011

How to make and improvise Sambal Telur.....

It started from this picture of my sambal telur.... which I think look very premature, I mean it's still in the pan... so cincai looking.... But Jessie got teruja with this and wanted to make Sambal Telur too... to surprise her hubby some more... I was so flattered. She wanted my recipe... auwww...

I took the recipe from a few web... I was reading a few recipes and picked out ingredients that r available and suited me, cewah :P... since some igredients are hard to get here. So I came up with my own version...and I didnt have it written anywhere.. so when she asked, I quickly came up with a recipe... and passed to her.

And... while making the sambal, she did her very own alteration and came up with her version of sambal... which I think loooked more Sexy and tempting....

Alteration are needed as some ingredients here i.e. the chillies do not 'taste' the same like back home.. not as spicy  or etc. the trick with sambal would be playing around with the amount of chillies ( i think) ... which I myself havent mastered yet :P But the experiments we had... between Jessie and I.. was fun... haha... the recipe keep improvising....

Ok so here's the edited original message of recipe I sent her...
haha as you can see, the writing is not professional... not food blog worthy :)) Hahaha
manglish some more wor... waakakaka...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Main Ingredients:

~ 4-5 hard boiled eggs... fry for a while... until kulit kembang2 a bit :P
~ 4 potatoes- cut into smaller pieces... fry lightly

Sambal Ingredients:

~12 pieces of dried chili (cabai kering) - cut, boil a while to get rid most of the biji2, then blend....
~10 cili merah - washed, blended...  or if u dont have, substitute with 1tbs of ciliboh /nyonya sambal cili
~Red Onions... depends how many u want em.. cut em into small pcs
 (if med sized onion- use one, you have shallots, use 3-4-)
~ Salt
~Asam keping or Air asam - 1/4 cup (pure Tamarind Juice)
~ Coconut milk - (if the ones in cans, 1 tablespoon).

 Method:

-Heat Oil on heated pan
-Add the blended chilli.... kacau-kacau until naik bau... haha (stir well..)
-Add the red onion... stir until onion becomes yellowish/masak
-Add air asam... if u dont have this.. its ok.. but if u still want a bit of masam taste, can replace with squashed tomato (use 1 here)
- add some maggi chicken granules (Jessie's touch :P)
-Add the eggs and potatoes.... stir stir n keep stirring... please shake and sing too if u like.
- add hot water a bit...just to make sure sambal not too dry.
-Add salt a bit too
-Add santan (coconut milk).... and stir the sambal until all kacau nicely...
- try taste sikit, if too pedas for u, alter by adding sugar a bit n water
-let be on heat for a while... then wokay.. stopppp

U can present the sambal, by cutting the each egg into two... (dont cut before cooking, if not all come out :P) if u have celery or daun bawang, can add as hiasan haha....

DONE !
 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------



= The Italic font shows Jessie's alterations... and if u have those items, do add them... coz it will make your sambal look sexy like this:

The cilantro (sekadar hiasan) adalah hasil tanaman jessie...
 
NyAM Nyammmmm.....

Satu kali makan
Mesti nak lagi....

:*

2 comments:

Jessie C said...

Haha Thanks so much, I'm flattered you include my alteration. haha You may think yours look cincai, I was already droooling a river here!! No need hiasan also can be very attractive ade.

Your recipe is so funny, shake bon bon somemore.

Yew Wai still talk about it la! Nak makan lagi. ayoyo... habis aku. penat tau! lol

zlee said...

Hihihi... i malu-malu kucing again :P
Eh.. mesti shake2 la baru sedap :)) cook with all ur heart la kan :P
Hahaha YWai sudah kena jampi sambal lah.... alamak