Monday, April 25, 2011

Houston,Texas - LoneStar p.5

11/4/2011 - 12/4/2011

Reached Houston Greyhound station at 8.15pm-ish.

Highway... reaching Houston...


Aaaah legaa....


Eli was waiting for me in her car near the station, with detailed instructions where I should meet her. It was over 8 pm by the time I reach the bus station, and she was quite worried as the area is not really safe at night. Was very excited to meet her.


Went home and was served with homecooked food, prepared by none other than herself :-) Loved her Timun Kuah Kacang. Her hubby came home from work, and later joined us for sembang2 session, and got very excited as we are from the same state back in Msia, so he get to speak loghat utagha sepuas hati lah. 

Eli and I talked till quite late :-) Catching up.

Next day, We went around her housing area, met some of her friends, and went around the area and to Houston downtown. It feels like home, or more like KL, as it was sunny and quite humid compared to NC :-) Enjoyed the day simply because I had a great company and a good chat and catching ups.









Need to catch my Flight which was scheduled to depart at 5pm-ish. I was quite nervous coz though I reached the airport an hour earlier, but the customs line was freaking long. Fortunately, the timing was ok, and I didnt end up running to boarding or missing the flight. But, I did walk superfast, just in case :-)



The skies were clear... and once up up in the sky.... managed to snap some magnificent shot. Magnificent for the view not my photo skills lar :-)



We flew over Mississippi River. At first I just speculated that we are passing by and over Mississippi River, then I decided to confirm that rather than just making speculations. I called for the flight attendant and asked her. She went and asked the pilot and returned to inform me, that I was correct... it was Mississippi River indeed. Ahhh... reminds me of Tom Sawyer stories, hehe.
Mississippi River ;)




Bye Lone Star State.


Started with Laid back and cozy visit, and threw some lone ranger adventure, before ending it with another laid back cozy visit again.



I have traveled solo ala backpack in a foreign country (San Antonio, Tx)... Accomplished that without having initial intention of doing so... Interesting and adventurous... nevertheless, I don't think I would want to do that again, unless required or depend on the circumstances ;)





No comments: